- Debasish Ghose (Aerospace Engineering)
- Bharadwaj Amrutur (RBCCPS/Electrical Communication Engineering)
- Chiranjib Bhattacharyya (RBCCPS/Computer Science and Automation)
- Ashish Joglekar (RBCCPS)
- Shishir N. Y. Kolathaya (RBCCPS)
- Raghu Krishnapuram (RBCCPS)
- S. N. Omkar (Aerospace Engineering)
- Josephine Selvarani Ruth (RBCCPS)
- Abhay Sharma (RBCCPS)
- Arpan Pal
- Balamuralidhar P.
- Kaushik Das
- Swagat Kumar
MBZIRC is an international robotics competition, which first took place in 2017. IISc Bangalore, among 42 teams worldwide, did qualify for the upcoming competition in 2020, which will be held in Abu Dhabi (UAE).
MBZIRC 2020 will consist of three challenges and a triathlon type Grand Challenge, a combination of the three challenges.
In Challenge 1 a team of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) will autonomously track and interact with a set of objects (for example intruder UAVs) following 3D trajectories inside the arena.
In Challenge 2 a team of UAVs and an Unmanned Ground Vehicle (UGV) will collaborate to autonomously locate, pick, transport and assemble different types of brick shaped objects to build pre-defined structures, in an outdoor environment.
In Challenge 3 a team of UAVs and a UGV will collaborate to autonomously extinguish a series of simulated fires in an urban high rise building firefighting scenario.