- Rajesh Sundaresan (RBCCPS/ Electrical Communication Engineering)
- Bharadwaj Amrutur (RBCCPS/ Electrical Communication Engineering)
- Ashish Joglekar (RBCCPS)
- Alexandre Reiffers (RBCCPS)
The Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) will enable a factory manager to monitor and track assets in real time thereby creating a potential for data-driven decision making towards system and process optimisation. Our high level aim is to convert large amounts of data being gathered into actionable knowledge.
The specific goal of the project is to
- Provide a framework for mapping the energy usage landscape in a manufacturing assembly line;
- Optimize energy usage in a manufacturing assembly line.
Our proof-of-concept involves real data from an SMT assembly line (Vinyas Innovative Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Mysore). We hope that the findings here will be of interest for adoption in a larger assembly line.