The Makery is RBCCPS’s ‘maker-space’, where modern tools and machines are brought together under one roof to bring our ideas and concepts into reality.
Examples for our use of the Makery are ultrasound sensors for the IISc Smart Campus project that measure the depth of water in tanks.
As an interdisciplinary centre, we rely on all engineering areas to assist, realise and verify the kind of applied research activities undertaken here. The space assists us to design and build various kinds of customised systems based on the research requirement. Furthermore, we use the machine and tools to improve our existing equipment and even built new one, like this milling machine.
A brief overview of the basic tools, machines & equipments :
- Manual and power tools
- SMPS power supplies
- Batteries (Lead-acid, Li-ion, Li-poly) and chargers
- Electronic instruments (Oscilloscope, soldering station, signal generator, LCR meter, etc.)
- Development boards (Arduino, Raspberry Pi, ESP8266)
- Modules (communication, motor drivers, display, sensors, analog modules, etc.)
- Sensors and actuators
- ICs & discrete cemi-conductor devices
- Electronic passives (Resistor, capacitor and inductor assortment)
- Motors (DC, DC geared, RC servo, DC servo, stepper, BLDC) and motor-drives